Thursday, November 21, 2013

The End Of The World...Again

Reprint:

I don't deify leaders. Never have. I figure they have enough admirers without adding my critical adoration to the mix.

However.

I met Jack Kennedy. When I was a little kid at school, we were out for recess on our asphalt playground on a chilly autumn afternoon playing a game of "scrub baseball". A block-long black limo pulled up and a man in a suit got out. No cameras. No reporters. An unscheduled stop. Our teacher called us all over to the iron fence and this handsome young man shook our hands and poked and teased us and asked who was up next. When he saw my friend with the bat he said "keep your eye on the ball". That in itself was nothing. Our fathers told us that all the time. It is amazing though, what that little piece of advice can do for a kid's swing. If a child is really listening to the coaching...he can clear his little mind of all other distractions and smack that ball as easily as slapping apples from a tree. Focus...that's the thing.
He waved goodbye while telling us to make sure that our parents went and voted for him in a few weeks. I was too young to know what that meant. I don't know why he stopped and kidded with us. Maybe he just liked kids and he had some time to spare between whistle stops. Anyway, it was in all the papers.
Like Bill Clinton often said about meeting Kennedy at a young age...it made a huge impression on me. But obviously the impression left on me, was of a different bent. It was more and more important to me, as I grew...and of course he and "Camelot" died.

Not long after that, the world ended. I was about ten I think. The young man that had poked and kidded us was making an announcement on our television that clearly frightened my parents. This then frightened their children. This was about the Cuban missile crisis. I understand a bit more now of what was actually going on behind the scenes when that message was delivered to us. But it was unprecedented in my lifetime till then. It was the first time most had ever heard official warning to a populace of an impending nuclear exchange.
Well, the jewish took care of Jack for Dimona, refusal to sell israhell f-16's, attempting to abolish their federal reserve scam, Northwoods and a slew of other ashkanazi reasons. But that was then. To me at the time...when they had him killed...the world ended again in a way. Some innocence was lost and I stepped into a much larger world. Even the radio airwaves played a song which, although had nothing to do with Cuba or communism or jews, nonetheless kept that phrase on the tip of our tongues as we sang along..."don't they know it's the end of the world?"
The world has ended many times since then. For all of us. Not just radical change in our personal lives, but the world outside our heads.
I also met Bobby Kennedy...well, his wife anyway. He was speaking at our town square...a small republican town. After the speech, he and Ethel went to the Democratic headquarters in town...and a few friends and I were milling around there getting bumper stickers and pins and such. We didn't know they were coming so it was a surprise when they walked up to us. Ethel shook my hand and thanked me for my support. Me? I wasn't supporting anyone...but that was a nice sentiment. She was so exuberant and pretty and open-faced. It was hard not to fall in love at first sight. Bobby was across the room engaged with others...I didn't wait to talk to him. Sorry I didn't now. Oh well...it was in all the papers.
But jews put and end to Bobby too. Shame.
I look around and see the end of another world. There is no innocence left. They see to that. Amerikan Idolatry and faux revolutions, and the world we used to know is no longer good enough for them.
Maybe I am not getting across what I want. Perhaps I am not "communicating effectively" to use a phrase that in Jack Kennedy's time would have sounded very odd. Things change. Worlds end.

So anyway, I was just thinking about all the things that have happened since that autumn day when the soon-to-be-assassinated president told us to keep an eye on the ball. I still am, Jack. I know who is pitching it. I know who killed you and your brother... when that world ended.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a poetic memory,

and observation.

http://www.public-action.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/death/74/74_pix.html

I met King Arthur, and Daniel Boone..[Fess Parker] in the same
arena that Andy Kaufman "rassled" Jerry Lawler....

Dean Stonier, [Global Sciences]
brought some very amazing people together...

some news is not reported...

but happens anyway

I met a guy recently,

a few years ago now, that knew Oswald when he was a little boy living across the street in Oak Cliff...he told me a story about these two guys in suits that came to see him before the 22nd...

His dad died, his mother remarried and moved to Colorado, and they lived in a basement that caught on fire...he managed to save his little sister, and barely made it out the window with help from the firefighters...
{his mother perished}..

but it took years before he could talk.

in the spring comes new growth...

{in the photo link above} do you see any NEWS, considering the effort to analyze a photo in the movie

THE GOOD SHEPHERD ?

sincerely

Davy

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely remembrance Timster! It reminds me how we questioners of beliefs are simply innocent children trying to feel good in our world. JFK tried to help out that morning by the fence!
Everything relates to ourselves and so the truth matters. Beauty matters, love matters. Until we lose out innocence, that is.
My heart is full this morning, still innocent enough to go on looking into even dark spaces because I see the light in there. I have to go see for myself.
Love.
Marigold

Anonymous said...


And every November 22 they make
millions publishing the lies.

And bragging about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

missingarib said...

Tim, when the truth dawns all the guilty will be running around with noticeable sunburn guaranteed -non of the tribes media obfuscations and misdirection can cover up their perfidy for much longer .

I see J F K s' life as expressed in a quote by Tecumseh

"Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about his religion.
Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light,
for your life, for your strength.
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision.


much love

Genii said...

wow, Tim...you's a lucky duck! Duckling at that time.