Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why I Fight...

I am constantly asked this question. Why DO I care about a disappearing little country on the southeastern shores of the Mediterranean? What difference could it possibly make to me...an older white guy living half a world away in brick-and-vinyl land. Their history is not mine. Their culture is not mine. Their dress, their religion, their cuisine, their arid surroundings...hell, I don't even like olives. How can I seem to feel their everyday pain?
How can I not. They are at the mercy of a diabolical religion. An organization that I know all too well. A cult that makes their every day worse than the one before. This isn't just the social and monetary repression that I have had to deal with over the course of my little life. This isn't having to put up with jewish tv and movies, or knowing that most of my wages have been stolen by a body of jewish lobbyists bent on world destruction. This isn't the gradual decline of an already too selfish culture in the West that I have seen. This that the Palestinians endure from the same nest of vipers...is much less subjective. It is much more real. It is the beginning. It is judaism unrestrained by Western culture. It is the manifestation of hatred itself. It is the beginning. The beginning of what we will all see in the future, if not stopped there...and here. This infection in the body-humanity must be exposed, isolated and destroyed before it cannot be. If I don't write one more word on this site, I must feel that I have done something toward this effort.

Long ago I spent a few years working in a small lab of a huge company in California. The short time I served in their employ taught me more than I had ever learned about the world before or since. It was not unique in the fact that the workers there were of a multicultural quality. That is the Californian experience. It was what our little crew in that lab celebrated about ourselves. That almost every major continent, culture or religion was represented in this relatively small workspace. For this, even in my varied employment background, it was singular. Of all the jobs I have held...this was my favorite. I looked forward to my shifts there because of the company of my coworkers. The actual work was mundane and uninteresting, which made the comradery of those around me all the more colorful.
We joked and cajoled...teased and gossiped...laughed and worked. Sharing our cultures our dreams and our lives for 8 hours a day. It truly left a...I dunno...can there be such a thing as a "good" scar on my mind. We all spoke in the common tongue of English, but more deeply we all spoke a common language of humanity. There was never a raised voice except in laughter...never a political squabble...never a cultural argument. I will always remember the pleasant shock of this.
Perhaps this sounds a bit pie-in-the-sky and naive to some. But at that time in my life and in the climate of political turmoil in the world as a whole...it suddenly seemed clear to me that the actual "people" of the world were not incapable of harmony...in fact it is what we all long for. It was the greed of the leadership in the world that caused the turmoil. This was not subjective. It was real and I lived it daily.

However among these many-cultured folks were members of a Palestinian family. I had never met Palestinians before. They were demonized at the time(as they are now) as violent political extremists, in the Amerikan press. But I saw nothing of that. As a matter of fact these people quickly became my favorites in our little microcosmic world of the lab. I don't really know why. Perhaps it was there quiet suffering that I saw. The fact that I had to practically drag their life tales out of them as we chatted. It turned out that they had essentially escaped their birthplace in Gaza to live in the West Bank. They eventually left the remainder of their extended family there to come to the States and earn a decent wage. The dreams that sour with most immigrants to this country also soon became a harsh reality to them as well. But while I knew them I got to understand the plight from which they fled...and eventually, I heard...returned.

Its no different.
One of the Palestinians, a woman, and I got rather close and discussed such serious matters. She told me something that will always stick in my mind. She said that we amerikans live in denial of what is coming. If we really look, we can see it...but we choose not to. She also said that in her home the zionists made no pretense about their racism, their supremacism and their hatred. And if I wanted to see our future, look to Palestine...look to her home. At the time I almost dismissed her statements as coming from a severely anti-jewish home life...not really knowing that much about what was going on in the middle-east. I didn't understand then that she had learned this hatred from being at the wrong end of a weapon. She had. She also directed me to look around. Not at the people happy to work and live peacefully with one another...but at those above us. Those that owned the company....the Cohens and the Goldbergs. The ones we saw rarely and cared little for. These are the wealthy...these are the "amerikans" that get that cash to the oppressors of her family. These are the wholly dangerous zionist jews.
She left me with this impression. She left me with a melancholy smile to return to Palestine. I will never forget her and her family, and how quietly prophetic her words were. Over the years since then...with my eyes opened wider by this stint at the lab...the experiment in humanity for me...I have seen what we can be, and who wants us not to attain that state. This is why I fight.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are living in the age of usury where the monetary illusion buys people places and things with supreme indifference to the anguish it causes every living thing. Because of that we are increasingly subserviant to its dictates as we are the hunger pangs in our bellys. What we find here in the land of the free is that nothing is. In the final analysis its all an extortion racket because you never had a choice.

veritas6464 said...

Hey Timster,..Nice stuff...H'hmm,.."We joked and cajoled...teased and gossiped...laughed and worked. Sharing our cultures our dreams and our lives for 8 hours a day."

Is this one of mine? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk, great work as usual.

veritas

Timster said...

Anon@7:36 - I couldn't agree more. But you know me...

Timster said...

V - I think you worked there...we DID have an Aussie...
Thanks.

John Friend said...

Great article Timster, really resonated with me, especially since I've moved to California from Nebraska and witnessed the great diversity you discussed in the piece. The truly amazing thing in life is how similar people are, no matter where you go. It's really the power structure, which has distorted and corrupted everything in this world, that is holding the people back. But you will never hear anyone speak about who controls the power structure, both historically and currently. Except for people like you! Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

Terrific, I think it is my favotite. Way to go good buddy.
I'm back, GLEN.

Steve B said...

Very moving piece Timster, very moving.

steve B

Noor al Haqiqa said...

Good writing. You took me into your lab. Few Americans understand that we are all potential Palestinians in the eyes of the oppressor.

They were unrestrained in Russia after they killed the Tsar. Unrestrained in the Ukraine. Unrestrained in Lebanon and Palestine and many other places.

They will not become blood soaked monsters until they have drained us of every drop of blood, pulled the gold out of our teeth. Then they will grind our bones into dust.

I have read in depth of their depravities and blood thirstiness in Russia and Deir Yassin. They have us in their sights now because their hatred of all that is good must be defiled then eradicated.

But, yanno, still we keep on warning folks and doing our best to get the word out there. I just fear that the fluoride has seriously done its work on the American psyche and sedated them to hell. How else do you explain the apathy towards actions that even thirty years ago would have roused the people to fight back?

It is up to us to do the fighting for them until they see.

Oh, and when I am asked why I give a toot about Palestine, I have a few responses. First, we are all Palestinians. Secondly, we are all our children's children....

Timster said...

Anon@7:36 - Of course you are right. Usury is their strongest weapon against us.

Timster said...

John - Thanks!

Timster said...

Steve - Thank you. A wise guy once said "Truth is poetry, no matter who writes it"...or some such...haha.

Timster said...

Noor - Thank you. "we are all our children's children...." I like that.