Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Poll...We Are Winning

Poll: Record high distrust in US media
Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11AM
A new Gallup poll shows a record-high majority of Americans have little or no trust in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately or fairly.


According to the poll, 57 percent of Americans say they do not trust the news of the US mass media. The figure released on Wednesday shows a record high, up from 56 percent last year.

The poll, with the maximum margin of sampling error of ±4 percentage points, gathered information from 1,019 adults, aged 18 and older, from between September 13 to16.

Nearly 63 percent of those polled perceive bias in media and political news outlets in one direction or the other.

The report further added that the public trust in the media is now even lower than its trust in the executive and judicial branches of the US government.

Gallup's annual Confidence in Institutions survey published on August 15 found that 75 percent of the respondents do not have confidence in newspapers, with 78 percent distrusting television news.

Experts say the US media are not gaining new fans as Americans continue to express low confidence, in line with the steady slide over the past two decades.

The results also reflect the rise of alternative media and Internet news sources, which are rapidly gaining popularity among Americans.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 56 percent? The other 44 percent are obviously suffering from cognitive dissonance no doubt having to do with what side their bread is buttered on.Minus the halt the deaf and the lame of course.Maybe the bullys tactic of blaming the victim has passed critical mass at last. That will last until the October surprise and martial law is declared and an all out witch hunt begins. Once again the liberal will be branded and accused of treason for giving aid and support to the enemy. Everyone should report to their nearest fema camp now. Why wait?

asbestos in obstetrics said...

Kick em all to the curb. Shitty government, propaganda media, corrupt system wtf are we trying to do be Mexico lite.

veritas6464 said...

Hey Timster,...Great post, I've been so down lately, our electricity bills in Rothschalia have just been hiked up 42%: YEAH 42% compounded - my bill for the same time last year was approx' AUS$360.00; this year AUS$718.00, with NO significant change in circumstances:

This post really cheered me up, thanks mate.

veritas

Timster said...

Anon - Screw that 44%...this is a "Democracy" now according to them. We ARE the mob and we ARE going to rule!

Timster said...

Veritas - I am glad I can bring some cheer.