Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's HERE...

Normally I wouldn't write a review of a new CD on here. But hell, it's my blog and if you don't like it...tough



The 40-year late release of Jimi Hendrix's "Valleys of Neptune" is amazing. For 40 years, the world has worn out recordings of "The Experience" and "Band of Gypsies" trying to recapture not only the riffs of the only true "guitar GOD",
but to somehow relive that "blow it out your ass" attitude that each of his albums screamed.
What can I say about the cuts on this album. Other-worldly? Of course. Quintessential Hendrix? Without a doubt. I will leave it to Rolling Stone and all the rest of the paid reviewers to praise it...but they had better be careful. They are treading on hallowed ground...and bullshit will NOT be tolerated.

I could write a 10,000 word screed about how there hasn't been any music since the likes of Hendrix and how he, Joplin, Lennon and the rest were probably murdered by a certain secular religious group that finally killed all the music...but I won't. Not here. Not yet.
Right now I am in the valleys of neptune with Jimi...and there's a red house
over yonder....

Thank you Janie!

3 comments:

danny said...

You're right. Hendrix's ride was brief, but full of genius. Nothing like it has even been done before or after. The albums still have an otherworldly quality to them, even after all these years.

chuckyman said...

Enjoy my friend, enjoy.

C

Timster said...

I am. Thanks. Apparently this is just the beginning. For the next year or so there is going to be a shit-load of new stuff released since the death of Mitchell who was tied into all the rights. Janie is pushing it all...Hard to believe she was only 9 when he died.